Who we are
Our website address is: https://testmyspeedy.com.
Test My Speedy is a leading provider of internet speed testing services. Our company is dedicated to helping website visitors and businesses test their internet speeds quickly and accurately.
Collection of Information
When you visit TestMySpeed and/or run a speed test on TestMySpeed, we collect the following automatically:
- Information about your activity on TestMySpeed, including page view, click, feature usage and time spent data
- Information about your network, devices
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information such as speed and latency measurements, connection type (wifi, cellular), referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location and internet service provider (ISP)), browser and standard web server log information;
- Device IDs and/or other identifiers
Use of Information
We use collected information to maintain, analyze and optimize TestMySpeed and our internet speed test service. For example, we may use collected information to:
- determine your geographic location, tailor your experience, determine your ISP to support network troubleshooting.
- protect our systems and maintain the security of TestMySpeed.
- prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent, illegal or disallowed user activity.
- analyze and measure website visits and optimize our website and service.
- provide relevant links to available residential internet services on other websites.
- aggregate insights for general business strategy purposes.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. This may include, but is not limited to, IT, infrastructure, website development, marketing and data analysis. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. Any such access will only ever be given on a need to know basis. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Your Information and Rights
You may request access to your personal information, or that we correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also request that we delete any personal data we have about you.
We may reject unreasonable requests and/or requests that are not supported by law or regulation. We collect a very limited set of information, to protect user privacy and we take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
If you are a California consumer, please scroll down for more information regarding your rights.
We use reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against any loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Notwithstanding these measures, we cannot absolutely guarantee the safety of your personal information.
Children under the age of 18 may only use the TestMySpeed services with the oversight and permission of their guardian.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“CCPA personal information”). We have collected the following categories of CCPA personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers: “Identifiers” covers a broad range of information, including things like name, email address, telephone number, and IP address. We collect some CCPA personal information that falls into this category. We collect IP addresses, geographical location information, identifiers from the devices you use to connect, and characteristics about the networks you use when you connect to our service online.
- Commercial information: This includes information about links clicked or resources accessed.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: TestMySpeed internet speed testing service is an online service, so we collect CCPA personal information in this category, like your interactions with our service.
- Geolocation data: We collect IP addresses and geolocation data including country, state, city and latitude/longitude from which we can determine your general location.
Uses of CCPA personal information
Categories of CCPA personal information disclosed for a business purpose
- Identifiers: We may disclose identifiers for business purposes with the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, an entity engaged in a business transfer, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies.
- Commercial information: We may disclose commercial information for business purposes with the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, an entity engaged in a business transfer/merger, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: We may disclose these types of information for business purposes with the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, an entity engaged in a business transfer/merger, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies.
- Geolocation data: We may disclose geolocation data for business purposes with the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, an entity engaged in a business transfer/merger, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies.
Sources of CCPA personal information
Your rights under the CCPA
- You have the right to request that we disclose: what categories and specific pieces of CCPA personal information have been collected about you; the categories of sources from which CCPA personal information are collected; our business or commercial purpose for collecting, using, or disclosing CCPA personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we share CCPA personal information; the categories of CCPA personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose. We do not sell personal information.
- You have a right to receive a copy of the specific CCPA personal information we have collected about you.
- You have a right to deletion of your CCPA personal information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA.
- You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of your CCPA rights.
You can assert these rights only where we receive a verified request from you. For information on how to exercise your rights, please see the Contact Us section below.
If you are a consumer under the CCPA and wish to contact us through an authorized agent, the authorized agent can submit a request on your behalf at Support@TestMySpeedy along with a statement signed by you certifying that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. In order to verify the request and your identity, we may ask you to verify your identity. To make requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our privacy team at Support@TestMySpeedy.com.
We may not be able to fulfill requests to exercise rights under CCPA, including the right to know or delete CCPA personal information because we only collect very limited information about users, and we are unable to verify requests to the standard required by the CCPA.